Monday, January 16, 2012

A Bucket List

I decided the smartest thing to do was to create a list of places I want to see in London before I arrive, and get caught up in the hustle and bustle. I find myself to be much more productive when I write down goals, agendas, and the like. When I have a spare hour or two, I see myself pulling up this list, and rushing out the door to embark on a new adventure. I have a lot of places I want to see, and four months just doesn't seem like enough time to see it all!


I also want this bucket list to serve as a running list of places people suggest I visit. The excitement, interest and support I receive from family and friends about my trip to London is simply wonderful. Everyone is always suggesting a new place to go, see or eat, and I need a place to keep track of it all!


If you have a place (or many places) I just can't go to London without seeing, please email me or comment below, and I will be sure to add it to the list!


Here we go! (In no particular order of importance)


  1. Westminster Abbey
  2. The House of Parliament/ Big Ben
  3. Trafalgar Square
  4. Buckingham Palace (This might be near the top of the list in importance)
  5. Changing of the Guard
  6. St. James Park
  7. National Gallery (I love galleries/museums. If you do as well, you'll be getting plenty of that here!)
  8. Leicester Square
  9. Cafe in the Crypt
  10. Somerset House
  11. Covent Garden
  12. St. Paul's Cathedral
  13. Millenium Bridge/ River Thames
  14. Tate Modern
  15. Routemaster Bus
  16. Tower of London
  17. Tower Bridge
  18. London Theatre (A show)
  19. Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens
  20. Kensington Palace (I also love royalty, you can also expect a lot on palaces and British Royal history!)
  21. Charles Dickens Museum
  22. Shakespeare's Globe (Also, close to the top of the list)
  23. British Museum
  24. Museum of London
  25. Tate Britain
  26. Victoria and Albert Museum
  27. Dining at The Blue Elephant
  28. Having afternoon tea at the Ritz Palm Court
  29. Take a picture at Abbey Road (Visiting Abbey Road)
  30. Science Museum


(Note: I got a great portion of this list from Frommer's London 2012)


I'm sure there are a lot more wonderful places that I will visit while I am there! As I said, please contact me if there is one that I do not have on my list!


On a side note, I decided to take both Frommer's London 2012 and British English from A to Zed with me. They are quite large books, but great resources.


Until next time,
Kelsey Elizabeth


Lift, noun, to go higher in a building without walking. Americans call these elevators. (What you didn't know: In Britain, an elevator is a device you put in your shoe to make you stand taller. In Americas call these lifts. Tricky, tricky.) (From the British English A to Zed dictionary by Norman w. Schur).

1 comment: