Monday, February 20, 2012

Time for a Bath

Hello mates!

Yesterday, I had a wonderful opportunity to go to Stonehedge and Bath, England. I wasn't expecting it to be as pretty as it was, but the city was absolutely breathtaking. I couldn't wait to upload pictures for you all! We were in the bus for a total of 6 hours, so it was quite a long day, but definitely worth it. Pictures somewhat do it justice, but if you are in England for any amount of time, and have the chance to go to Bath, I would suggest that you go see it!
I don't know how many times I uttered, "I can't believe I'm taking a picture of stones."


We had beautiful weather. The stones are surrounded by green meadows, hills, farms, and animals. It was quite different than I had expected. I thought the stones would be along a cliff with crashing waves, thunder and gray skies. 
The city was built higher up to avoid flooding from the natural hot springs Bath sits on.


 
The Royal Crescent is the "thing to see" in Bath. All of the condos are private housing, but the center is a hotel. Johnny Depp has stayed there. 



The Bath Abbey.

The Roman Baths. My favorite part of the trip. At the very top of the picture, you can see Bath Abbey.

I was unhappy to find out that I couldn't go into the baths because the water was untreated. However, they do have a real spa with the hot springs mineral water that is quite popular. I am hoping to go back with my bathing suit and a bit more time, and experience the healing effects of the water. 
Until next time,
Kelsey Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment