Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dover Castle and White Cliffs

Hello Mates!

I hope you are all doing well today! I got the opportunity to take a day trip with my fellow classmates to Dover Castle and White Cliffs today. It was extra special because we saw the sun for a bit, and it was quite toasty! I am loving this more temperate weather. Below are a few pictures I took today. Quite a pretty place!

This was the Castle exterior. It was a Medieval Castle, so it lacks the ornate details other castles have. It reminded me of the Bastille in France. 
The King and Queen's Bedroom. The colors are warm and cheerful. The bed is quite tiny though! I wonder how much smaller they were back then.

Looking out of a Castle Window. The countryside is beautiful. In person, it looked like a postcard picture. I wish I could have done it better justice here!
The staircase wove all around, and turned into other staircases. It was quite interesting and pretty.

The White Cliffs were beautiful. The white line, we believe is France...
...Our phones certainly thought we were! 
Alright loves, I hope you enjoyed the photos. I have more, so if you would like a Dover Castle and White Cliffs Part Two please let me know! This week I will also upload the pictures I took in Regent's Park while I was on a run. The gardens are beautiful and the sun was out that day as well!

Until next time,
Kelsey Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Okay. The bed. Further proof that people back in the day were midgets. Have you ever been vintage shoe shopping? Tiny feet I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes they must have been quite small! And no not yet, but I would assume so! haha

    ReplyDelete