Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hampton Court Palace

Hello Friends!

So today I went on a very exciting journey! I couldn't wait to make a video, and upload it for you until tomorrow- so here it is tonight! I didn't have any classes today, so I took a train out to Hampton Court Palace and spend the day there! HCP isn't one of the most popular sites, but it is definitely one of the prettiest. It was the palace of King Henry the 8th ("Henry) and Anne Boelyn. In time, William and Mary added Baroque wings on to the Tudor style palace. They were followed by George II and his wife Caroline, who created embellished the palace in the Georgian style. While the building was not uniform, it was very interesting and exciting to walk through periods of history as they happened.

The main reason I documented my journey through videos was because I wanted my "aunt" to get the full experience! She came a few months ago, but we didn't have time to see HCP, so I made this video for her!

I few side notes... I am sick and quite sniffly through this video, so please excuse me. Also, I'm not the best camera women so the footage is a little shaky, but I thought it would be fun and better than just pictures! This was not helped by the fact that I was unsure if I was allowed to take pictures or not, so I took a lot of "sneaky" pictures incase they told me I had to turn my camera off! Anyway, I hope you enjoy it! I had quite a fun time editing and uploading this video.




Click on HamptonCourtPalace.mov to open it in YouTube and view it a bigger window!


This is only Part 1 of 3 places I am determined to go see before I leave... check back in later, and hopefully I will have made the other two. Not sharing what they are just yet! :)

Until next time,
Kelsey Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment